Senior Scientist in the Pharmaceutical Business Development responsible for the generation of scientific and marketing material to support the business (i.e. coordination with local demo laboratories, CO, R&D as well as Product Marketing). Evaluate new solutions and instrumentation to enhance Waters position in this market. Primary objective is to position Waters as the scientific leader in the market
- Develops understanding of customers’ science objectives through customer collaborations working under minimal supervision.
- Contribute to research that appears in peer reviewed journals, brochures, launch presentations as oral or poster presentations at scientific meetings.
- Works collaboratively in a highly matrixed organization with other professionals throughout the organization to develop and implement marketing initiatives to meet business objectives
- Works collaboratively with product management and R&D on new products and solutions that will better meet customer science objectives under minimal supervision
- Works closely with Science Managers to ensure transfer of best practices and overall science development
- Other responsibilities as required by the business objectives of Waters Corporation
- Bachelor’s degree in a science field with at least 4-year industrial experience in biomolecule analysis is required. Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred.
- Deep working knowledge of chromatography (SEC, Ion Exchange, RP, and Affinity Chromatography) in the field of peptide and protein analysis and strong hands-on experience in biomolecule separation by LC methods are required. Previous experience with UPLC is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with mass spectrometry is a plus.
- Excellent documentation/communication skills and ability to work in a team environment are required
- Must be a self starter, have excellent organizational skills, and be able to get results in a highly matrixed organization where programs, communities, etc. work across vertical boundaries
- Must be able to travel globally 10%